Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another lesson from Pixel Pete

I read The Pixels in Pete's world every time he posts something and learn fun stuff from time to time. His latest is about a little gadget called Eye-Fi that uploads your photos directly to your computer over your modem.


The thing works as advertised, but it only comes in SD size and my favorite camera uses Compact Flash. Amazon to the rescue with a SD to CF adapter card.

DSCN0150

I put it in my favorite Nikon, snapped a quick pic of my wife and a few seconds later it was on my laptop. I have heard there is supposed to be some kind of problems with this type adapter, but it worked perfectly for me.

Jim

3 comments:

Peter Phun said...

Hello Jim,
Congratulations on your blog. It's an excellent start. I see you're playing with off-camera lighting as well.

Once you get used to posting your work on your blog, you will see how a blog can be very motivating and a great creative outlet besides being free.

By posting your blog's URL to all your emails to friends and family, that will get some more eyeballs on your work.

Just for fun, you might want to put some Google Adsense ad on your blog too. Every time your visitor clicks on those ads, you get a few cents.

That would be a great incentive for you to keep at it. I'm proud of you Jim for taking that step. Keep it up, buddy!

Jim said...

Thanks Peter,

I appreciate the encouraging words and your helpful blog.

Jim

Jim said...

a follow up on this adapter.

it was good for a week and about 500 photo's then it quit working in my camera.

while it still works in my other camera's that use an SD card, i don't think i'm going to get the CF version if Eye-fi ever makes one. while i do like the convenience of walking into home and letting the photo's download themselves, i like it better when i plug my card into a reader and downloading that way. it was a good experiment for me and i still use the card in my other camera's.

jim