Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Event Photography

Event Photography is usually associated with Wedding Photography and can be a lot of fun for the photographer and the client.  Events can be Birthday parties, Homecomings, Going away parties, Baptisms, Graduations and many other celebrations someone might want to have photo memories of.  I have shot most of these events and think while they are all similar, each has it's own formats and idiosyncrasies that each photographer will find suited to his or hers own preferences, skills and tastes.  An Army buddy of mine badgered me into shooting his wedding.  I didn't want to do it and tried to explain to him and his future bride why I didn't and advised them to get another photog who did wedding shoots.  I did it and am too embarrassed to show any photo's from that shoot (the bride loved them though.)

A family portrait at a local park;
Garcia Family Portraits

A friends Birthday/Retirement Party.  I used a hand held, off camera flash for these.
brothers and sister

the birthday boy

A book signing by a local author.
Bettyann signing a customers book

A military awards formation.
JIM_7430

A welcome home to a Disabled Veteran.
JIM_0171

All different and yet all similar.  If you like this kind of photography, go to events and shoot your heart out.  You will find you get better at it as you shoot more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with
my myspace group? There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks
My webpage - online computer jobs